Sunday, May 2, 2010

See, Hear, Feel, Want...

I see you everywhere:
See you in the children,
In the games,
In the competition,
In the laughter,
In the tears.
In the letters,
In the surprises.
In the airplanes,
In the nature.

I hear you in the music,
Hear your voice in the phone,
In the thunder,
In the pounding rain,
In the darkness
And my scary dreams.
In the light,
And the awe of His majesty.

And I want you,
In my pain,
In my joys,
In my adventures,
In my excitement,
In my failures,
In my successes,
In my future,
In everything you cannot be here for now.
I want you in all that you’ve left me to experience without you.
I want you in this city.
I want you to be proud of me.
I want you to smile at me,
That smile that I know only you can ever give.
I want you to tell me I’m beautiful
And I’m your princess.

And I miss you in all of it.
I miss you in all that used to be,
In all that is now,
And all that will be.
You were so good to us,
The best I could have ever asked for.
I can’t put it any other way, but these words don’t do my feelings justice,
I miss you.
So, very, much.
Yes, indeed, I miss you, loved one.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I have so much love for you in my heart and such an appreciation for your incredible beauty!