Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Retrospective Day

Well, this may be slightly depressing or sad, but I'm not trying to be a "Debbie-downer." This is just how I have been feeling this past week. It's been a rough one; hopefully, this next week will be a little better.

If I could go back to the days there were five members in my family, I would get up early on Saturday mornings to learn how to make my dad's delicious breakfasts.
I'd pay close attention to how he made his pizza.
I would ask him if he would be proud of me if I went to Moody.
I would go on walks with him and Sammy in the evenings.
I would call him more often while he was on his trips.
I would go with him on more of his trips.
I would play more games with him.
I would tell him more about my life.
I would do more things that he would appreciate and less things that would disappoint him.
I would always assume he was right, instead of yelling at him and thinking he was stupid.
I would watch more movies with him, go on more daddy/daughter dates, get more vanilla malts from Cooks with him, and then make him walk or run the malt off.
I would make sure he was eating healthy and exercising enough.
I would give him ten second hugs instead of one second hugs.
I would send him more emails, give him more calls, give him a surprise visit at his Mishawaka office.
I would ask him about work.
I would pray for him every day.
I would play more catch with him.
I would cook more with him.
I would make him promise me he would get off that plane and be home by nine-thirty, like he said.
I would watch more sports with him.
When he hugged me early in the mornings before he left on business trips, I would get up and talk to him before he left.
I would beg for us to move to Connecticut, so he didn't have to travel so much, and he wouldn't be so stressed.
I would dance with him.
And I would hug him, and never let go.
That's what I would do if I could go back. I don't want "one more day" because that would only leaving me wanting more. But if I could do it over....I would do everything I could to keep from losing him. I cannot wait to see him again. And I will see him again.

"Death is swallowed up in victory....." 1 Cor. 15:54

No comments: