Thursday, October 9, 2008

Answer to My Quandary

I wanted to write a quick post informing you that my last post was silly. I was just being difficult...not wanting to believe that God as a Father would watch us hurt when he could prevent it.

I realized what I knew along. (I think I even mentioned it in the last post.) Who defines what a father is? God does. He was the original Father, and it is sin that has distorted humans views of what a "father" is to them.

I finally realized this when I thought about the church body being Christ's "bride." I thought, "Well, if I am questioning the way God loves us as a father, then I have to question the way he loves us as our "groom." Because a vast number of marriages are destroyed by the husband's uncaring attitude towards his wife. Women are beat, abused, neglected, used...etc."

But I know with my whole being that Christ would never treat us like that. Christ can claim us as his "bride," by being the "groom" that husbands are supposed to be. Somewhere along the way, due to sin, marriages fell far from what they were intended to be. However, that is not the type of "marriage" we are entering into with Christ. We are entering into the original type of "marriage" Christ wanted for all of us.

My point is, God created everything first. He had an original intent for everything he created, and because of our sin, we destroyed his good intents. So, he loves us as a father should, because he was the first father. He is the definition of a father. We can't create one according to our own standards, because God is. Everything. Including our father and including our "groom."

That's it. :) I have another blog coming in a few minutes. Slightly longer probably.

No comments: